PART 2 of 6 – In the second of a series of 6 messages on “Questions about the assembly”, Tom Bentley (1924-2011) answers the question, “Is the local assembly a sect”? In the first half an hour, Mr Bentley meticulously works his way through the various biblical names and titles of a local assembly, drawing careful distinctions and guidelines. Then he looks at the uniqueness of the local assembly and shows that its very existence is a total repudiation of denominationalism. Readings: Matt 18:15-20, Acts 13:1-3, Rom 16:1-4, 16, 1 Thess 2:14-15, Rev 1:10-11 (Message preached in Whitehouse Gospel Hall, Northern Ireland, in Aug 1989)
Messages in this series:
- What is the church? (Audio)
- Is the local assembly a sect?
- Is the local assembly autonomous?
- Is the local assembly government democratic?
- Is occasional fellowship scriptural?
- Is the ministry of women public?